By Ashwani K. Rai (Editor), Teruhiro Takabe (Editor)
A cutting-edge consultant to fresh advancements within the figuring out of plant reaction to abiotic stresses. every one bankruptcy displays how new suggestions have helped physiologists, biochemists and molecular biologists to appreciate the fundamental difficulties of abiotic tension in plant species. The booklet provides broad bibliographies on the finish of every bankruptcy, in addition to tables and figures that illustrate the examine findings.
Read or Download Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants: Toward the Improvement of Global Environment and Food PDF
Best biophysics books
Within the post-genomic global, advances within the comprehension of mobilephone behaviour will rely on scientists decoding the molecular foundation of interactions among proteins and membranes. Bringing jointly contributions from chemists, biologists and physicists, Biophysical Chemistry: Membranes and Proteins demonstrates how multidisciplinary groups can achieve insights into knowing complicated organic platforms.
Using organic keep watch over brokers has been expanding world wide and there are actually many businesses mass-producing such organisms, relatively for the keep watch over of insect pests. despite the fact that, there's a nice want for quality controls within the construction and use of those normal enemies, which come with insect parasitoids and predators, fungi and viruses.
From one-celled paramecium to large blue whales, all of us have inner clocks that control the rhythms we are living by way of. within the residing Clock, John Palmer, one of many world's prime specialists on those rhythms, takes us on a journey of this vast and multifaceted topic, interpreting every little thing from sparkling fruit flies to the easiest treatments for jet lag.
- Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Autobiografische Körper-Geschichten: Sozialer Aufstieg zwischen 1800 und 2000
- Electronic and Biometric Security Equipment and Services in Saudi Arabia: A Strategic Reference, 2006
- Aquatic Biodiversity II: The Diversity of Aquatic Ecosystems (Developments in Hydrobiology)
Additional resources for Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants: Toward the Improvement of Global Environment and Food
R. (2002) Calmodulin as a potential negative regulator of Arabidopsis COR gene expression. Plant Physiol. 128, 1169-1172. 74. , Ranjeva, R. and Ranty, B. (2004) A novel calmodulin-binding protein functions as a negative regulator of osmotic stress tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings. Plant J. 38, 410-420. 75. Sheen, J. (1996) Ca2+-dependent protein kinases and stress signal transduction in plants. Science 274, 1900-1902. 76. , Shimamoto, K. and Izui, K. (2000) Over-expression of a single Ca2+-dependent protein kinase confers both cold and salt/drought tolerance on rice plants.
Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol. 52, 627-658. 49. M. E. (2003) Phospholipase C is required for the control of stomatal aperture by ABA. Plant J. 34, 47-55. 50. , Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, K. and Shinozaki, K. (2001) Hyperosmotic stress induces a rapid and transient increase in inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate independent of abscisic acid in Arabidopsis cell culture. Plant Cell Physiol. 42, 214-222. 51. P. H. (2001) Arabidopsis PLC1 is required for secondary responses to abscisic acid signals. Plant Cell 13, 1143-1154.
5. , Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, K. and Shinozaki, K. (1999) Improving plant drought, salt, and freezing tolerance by gene transfer of a single stress-inducible transcription factor. Nat. Biotech. 17, 287-291. 6. K. and Yu, G. (2000) Arabidopsis transcription factors: genome-wide comparative analysis among eukaryotes. Science 290, 2105-2110. I DENTIFICATION OF SALT-RESPONSIVE GENES 43 7. L. J. (2000) A genomic perspective on plant transcription factors. Curr. Opin. Plant Biol. 3, 423-434. 8. Liang, P.
- Download Bangs and twangs: science fun with sound by Vicki Cobb PDF
- Download Authoritarianism and Democracy in Europe, 1919-39: by Dirk Berg-Schlosser, Jeremy Mitchell PDF